Friday, December 2, 2011

A Visit Home

No, I have not died.  Apologies for absolutely no communication for some months now.  I think I mentioned previously how this term was going to be a busy one.  It was indeed that!  At the same time I thoroughly enjoyed it, and am happy that these courses run through the whole academic year, so I get to continue on with the same courses (with one more small addition) through the next two terms.  As of today the term is already over and most of the students have gone home already.  It has been wonderful getting to know the first year students and to have the returning students back.  I feel as though they also enjoyed the courses that they had with me and would like to think that they learned lots too!

I will be writing a longer blog post hopefully soon, but for the time-being, the other main development that I wanted to share is that I too will be going home in this term break for Christmas!  Actually, most of my trip will be spent in Hartford, Connecticut to visit my girlfriend (whom I mentioned in a previous post).  But we will then be coming together to BC.  There I will get to see a new addition to the family - my new niece, Lucy!  Now, to avoid disappointment, I need to warn you that our time in BC will be short and family-centred so it will not be possible to get together with as many as I would have liked.  Still, I am very much looking forward to seeing some of you again before I head back to Malawi.

But as for now, I must be brief, particularly because I fly out tomorrow!  In fact, in 24 hours I should be getting ready for takeoff!  Lots to do before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment